UniGroup In the News
UniGroup Hosts 15th Annual United Way 5k + 10k
ST. LOUIS (May 24, 2017) –Registration is now open for the 15th Annual United Way 5k + 10k, with early bird pricing available until Friday, June 16. The races take place Saturday, July 8, at 8 a.m. and all proceeds benefit the United Way of Greater St. Louis. The event is hosted by UniGroup, the parent company of United Van Lines, Mayflower and other transportation-related companies.
Additional details of the United Way 5k + 10k:
- Register by June 16 and receive a free performance tee and $5 off the registration fee (5k early bird fee is $25 and 10k early bird fee is $30).
- After June 16, the 5k fee is $30 and the 10k fee is $35 and participants cannot be guaranteed their shirt size will be available.
- Register online at www.stl.unitedway.org/UniGroup5k.
- The courses begin on the UniGroup campus at One Premier Drive in Fenton, Mo. The 5k race is expected to continue through Fenton city streets and Fenton City Park. The 10k race is expected to continue along the Meramec River and through Unger Park.
- Prize money will be awarded for the top three male and female 5k and 10k finishers: $100 awarded for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
- For both races, medals will be awarded to the top three males and females in these age categories: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
- If you can’t attend the event, you can still show your support for the United Way by registering as a “Runner in Spirit”. Register by June 16 and with a donation of $20, you’ll receive a commemorative shirt.
- Live music will be performed by the Tailgators before and after the race.
- For additional information about the event, please visit www.stl.unitedway.org/UniGroup5k, facebook.com/unitedway5k, call636-305-6904 or email email@example.com.
About United Way of Greater St. Louis
United Way funds more than 170 health and human service agencies located throughout a 16-county area in Missouri and Illinois. One in three people in our community receive services that strengthen families, help the elderly, keep children healthy and safe, and build stronger neighborhoods. For more information, contact 314-421-0700 or visit www.stl.unitedway.org.
UniGroup is a $1.7 billion transportation and relocation services company with headquarters in suburban St. Louis, Mo. In addition to household goods carriers United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit, logistics company UniGroup Logistics and international relocation providers UniGroup Worldwide Moving and Sterling, UniGroup owns other subsidiaries that provide good and services to professional movers.
For more information on UniGroup or comments or questions from members of the press, please contact: